Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Book--Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Hey chicks! Has everyone started the April book yet? I know alot of you are actually DONE already, lol! Speed readers:)


Synopsis from Barnes & Noble:

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."
Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

Oooo, sounds good:) 
I downloaded this for my Nook but have NO IDEA where to get this book if you don't have one. If you have a paperback or Kindle version, please share here where you got it for those who don't have a Nook! 
Domo Arigato;)
On that note, if you DID get this on your Nook, does it show it having like 679 pages? Mine does, but every time I "turn the page" the page number skips 3. I'm not missing any content, but it's weird how the formating on this Nook book is working, lol!

Amy is our hosetess this month and she'll be posting discussion questions in a couple weeks, yay!!!

Happy reading, Chicklits!


11 comments:

Kellie said...

I would love to know where to get a paperback one? I have looked and looked and gotten no where fast :S

Hugs,
Kel

Anso said...

I have not started yet. I'm still reading the series from last month's book LOL! I'm on the last one now (book 8) so I'm going to finish that one before reading the April book.

But I have checked out the book at the Amazon Kindle store and here in the UK we can buy it very cheap. 71 pence. Which I think is a little over $1 US. Yay for that nice price! :) In fact I'm off to buy it right now so I have it ready and waiting...

Amber Hight said...

OMG Anso! Are you serious? You're almost done with the WHOLE SERIES? You are my new hero, ha! What do you think? Do they keep getting better and better? That's what I've heard...

Kellie said...

I couldn't wait in the end and downloaded it to read on my lappy hehe!

Anso said...

LOL Amber! Yes I'm on the last book right now (and can't wait for book 9... which I think is released at the end of June).

The series is really good!! :) Book 1 is actually one of my least faves in the whole series. I think book 1 + 6 would be the ones I liked least. But that doesn't mean that I didn't like them, only that I preferred the others. They are all very good and some even better.

Definitely worth reading the whole series if you liked the first one :)

Brooke said...

SO excited to discuss Hollowland!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to say more RIGHT NOW but I will wait. :)

Amy said...

The paperback version was available on Amazon when I first chose it...but now I can't find it there...except with the orignal cover which is apparently now a collector's item because the price starts at around 99$..LOL.. SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!! I did notice the screwyness with the formating...I think it's actually like 360 book pages..I found that I blew through it in several hours because I just couldn't put it down...can't wait to hear all about what you guys thought!!

FibreJunky said...

Oh my goodness....totally canNOT wait to start discussing this one!!!!

Vicki Burns said...

I will live vicariously through all of you on this one. After freaking out from the last one, I didn't even attempt this one! LOL But I love to read all of your comments. You all crack me up! And who knows...maybe someday I will be brave enough to tackle it!

Kellie said...

Read it and loved it, can't wait to talk about it! Was different having to read it on my lappy and not an actual book hehe, but I think if anything it slowed me down, some how haha!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

YAY so excited to discuss this book!! Such a great book!! I wish she would hurry and finish the next one hehe.
Kristy xo